Sunday, October 04, 2015

A day !

It was my first day in the new city.

Actually, I am in the capital of India.

I have been called here on the immediate basis for the training. So, it's like a small vacation for me.

They don't want me in the office for next two days, and I have a list to follow in these days.

I was like a camper since the morning. Been to three malls, one cafe, two restaurants, a movie hall, a garden, a spa, a convention hall.

My Google fit is showing 10km in the walking clock. It must be so happy to see new figures in the dial.

I met two couples, a masseuse, a security guard, four to five booking and food attendants.

Each of them had stories in their eyes. My masseuse Julia, is from North eastern part of the country. She and her sister lives in Delhi, both works in the same industry, i.e SPA & BEAUTY.

Guess what !! She and I, both have very minor difference difference in Salary. I was actually trying to find out how and what to learn to be a masseuse.

Both the couples were working in IT industry. Both were different parts of the country.

All the food attendants, security guard and the cook I have been provided in the Guest house; are from Nepal.

This is the seventh hour of my roaming day.

I asked one question with one or other sentence and words in all interactions I did today.

What you're gonna do with the money you get?

And you know what was the sense they wanted to buy??

All of them needed some sort of stability in life. No matter if they had a car, a wife, a bf/gf or a sound job, a decent salary (unlike me) or a religion (count me on the other side).

They were insecure of something.

Don't know, of what. But they were. They would use the earned money to fill in this insecurity. This hollowness they have in their heart. I am sure, all of the above, having some material things is not solving this situation. 

But they need security.

Satisfaction? I am not sure, but if they are in search, I guess satisfaction will be an impractical goal to get.

I am still in awe.

Do I have or will have the same sense of insecurity? Not having something? Or fear of losing somethings?

I am in the garden and watching a small kid, may be of a year, playing with grass. Trying to bite the spades. Kid isn't aware what is being lost in this dire time.

What he will have in life and what will he lose. He isn't giving a damn to his mother right now, even. And I am pretty sure he won't have given a damn to this insecurity his parents have for him.

I want to be this kid again.

Don't you?



----


No comments:

Post a Comment